The most widely-used environmental management standard in the world is ISO 14001. This standard defines requirements for an environmental management system (EMS). It provides a systematic framework to manage, and minimise where possible, the immediate and long term environmental impacts of an organisation’s products, services and processes.
Major benefits include waste reduction, increased efficiency, an improved working environment and minimising the organisation's impact on the local environment.
Benefits To Your Organisation:
- Improved brand image through assuring customers and the public of your commitment to environmental responsibilities
- Meeting customer criteria for approved suppliers
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Reduced risk of non-compliance and associated costs
- Improved environmental performance
- Cost savings through improved efficiencies in energy and fuel use and waste minimisation
- Reducing risk of environmental incidents and minimising their impact
- Improving staff morale with involvement in environmental improvement initiatives